Saturday, July 19, 2014

Better About Posting

Yesterday I was making french toast for lunch. I had three loaves of homemade bread that I was afraid would get stale. I think Ryland was the only one who had eaten any of it. My kids are strange and don't usually eat bread unless we're having a picnic or something. Anyway, I was making french toast and Ryland was making everyone soft pretzels. He asked me how much salt I wanted and I said, "Whatever, I trust you." Henry looked at me and quietly asked, "Do you trust me Mama?" :-) And I told him that I did. I just adore my sweet son. He is always wanting to hug me if the kids give me a hug, or if Tim and I kiss, he needs a kiss too. It is such a delightful age. I remember reading somewhere that we need to enjoy our little ones because they will never love us more than they do now. Maybe to some degree that is true, but I don't think so entirely. I love my mom more now than I ever can remember loving her. I understand her now and am able to see her with adult eyes and realize what an amazing woman she is. I spent a good portion of my teenage years and early adult years blaming all of my problems on her. Now I think back on so much of my life and understand how incredible she is. She is precious to me. I hope that my kids grow up and understand me better and see what I tried to do for them. And I hope they realize that they were and always will be my whole life. They mean everything to me.

I wanted to write a post about Henry, because he is rapidly growing and changing and I am not documenting any of it. I used to be so much better about journaling. This boy just astounds me nearly every day. I know I am besotted by him and so probably have a terribly warped view of his genius, but truly, he is a genius! He understands so much. He is physically capable of things most three year olds are not capable of. I can talk to him as if he were about 6 years old and he comprehends what I am saying. We have really good conversations. I have so enjoyed watching him grow up. He just makes life fun and special.

Lately he has started asking us to read things to him, such as, "What does the sign say?" "What does that truck say?" and so forth. He knows his colors and shapes (for the most part) and can count to 20 and can say the alphabet and knows some letters/sounds. He can cut with scissors and use glue. He can jump on one foot (has been able to do this for awhile). He loves to help me cook. One day he came out of the bathroom and said, "I cleaned the bathroom for you." And indeed, he had. He got a dryer sheet, got it wet and went to town on the bathroom ... toilet included.

He is just so much fun!

I am so thankful that Heavenly Father blessed our family with this special little boy. I will try to be better about sharing his achievements and cute saying, etc.

1 comment:

  1. I just "commented" but I'm not sure it worked so I'm repeating it; sorry if it's double:
    This blog post is beautiful and sweet. I need to get back to reading blogs again (and posting my own).

    ReplyDelete